Monday, May 21, 2012

Embarrassing My Kids: My Parental Right


Went to pick up my daughter Friday night about 11:30 from the school because they just came from their 8th grade trip to D.C. When I pull up, all of the other parents are standing outside their cars to welcome their children home...So, of course, I now feel obligated to get out the car...I, like some of the other parents, am in very presentable pjs...Nothin's hangin or nothin'...Matter of fact, if it weren't for the pink satin bow on the neckline & the "My Kids ♥ Me!" sprawled across the front, mine could've passed for regular clothes...so I thought...So I'm standing beside my car as the buses pull up & my phone rings...
Me: "Hello?" 
My daughter: "Get. In. The. Car....U. Look. Weird."
 I looked up to see about a dozen kids on the bus smiling at me & my daughter on her phone with this look of bewilderment on her face. 
I said,"I was just tryna be a good parent!", hung up the phone, turned towards the door to my car(back to the bus), plucked my wedgie & got in...That'll show 'er...

No comments:

Post a Comment