Friday, May 18, 2012

Without the Creamy Crack, My Hair is WACK!

Yeeesss! I am one of those who are addicted to the Creamy Crack that we all know as the 'Relaxer'! And I am just fiiiiine with that! I don't wanna quit! I'm on that Oil Sheen, baby! WINNING! We read so many blogs on why natural, chemical-free hair is better for Black women...Well, not for me, honey! I'm standing for all those whose hair is chemical-dependent...those of you who know you are...aaand those of you who don't. Some naturals are cute.com and others are amess.org.hairnet! Garret Augustus Morgan, Sr., recognized that some of our hair was looking more than natural kinky...it was lookin' downright unnaturally tense!! Hence, his glorious invention of the RELAXER! When your stuff is all stressed out beyond manageable- RELAX IT, GIRL! No matter how much you relax your hair your Black roots are still going to be there! I'm Black & I'm proud, but I'm also Soft & Beautiful...Dark & Lovely, child! The closest I've come to going natural is getting kinky twists with synthetic hair! Hey Starburst, how's that for a walking contradiction? LOL! I have no desire to go natural, but I commend all that are brave enough to endure 'the big chop' & then the 'meantime/in-between time growing it back' process...I, myself, prefer to be fried, dyed & laid to the side! Okaaaay!(2 snaps in a 'Z' formation, hesitation, neck rotation- & whipping my hair back & forth...& one more snap for good measure ;o)

1 comment: